Hi – I’m Jamie Alcala!
Hi all! I’m Jamie Alcala! I am person behind the camera of ExploreIt Photography. My passion for photography started in 2006, when my parents bought me a Canon Rebel. I can’t really say why they decided to do this, but I am sure they didn’t realize the fire they were going ignited with this one gift. I also know the excitement that filled my soul in this moment. Running straight outside to take the first photograph, I felt an amazing connection to the camera and the moments I was able to capture. For the next 12 years, this camera was my co-pilot for all my adventures and trips (this is when I finally upgraded). Don’t worry… I didn’t turn my back on my first camera, it is still part of my life and adventures, it now just has a partner in crime.
During that 12 years, I have grown to love capturing the moments… I know it sounds corny… but every moments is so unique to each one of us and I really enjoy looking at past trips/adventures, but I also sharing those unique moments.
Also during those 12 years, I was also in denial that sharing my photography is a good idea. When deciding on if I should, one quote popped into my head…
You must do the things you think you cannot do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
… with the quote, along my passion of sharing my photographs – I knew I had take my leap of faith.
I know that I have talked about lot about my photography passion, so I wanted to share some Jamie Alcala facts!
- Mom to 3 dogs, 3 cats and 2 turtles
- Current Hometown: San Antonio, TX
- I played soccer in High School, College, Semi-pro and now I am just a weekend warrior
- I have 3 older brothers (only girl…yay!)
- I am finishing up my Masters in Public Relations, which will mean I have finished my education career at 1 associates, 2 Bachelors and 1 Masters.
- I can’t say no to anything that has sugar in it!
- I love all things Disney!
With that, I thank you for stopping by to support this adventure and I hope you enjoy our photos at Explore It Photography!